Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Debut & Thank You

Hello everyone, At long last I'm finally posting for the first time! I've been encouraged, cajoled, tutored, and baby-stepped by good friends to get me to this point, and I'm happy to be finally going forward with the plan! Thank you for your help--you know who you are. I saw this poem on a piece of art and jotted it down for future inspiration

First a howling blizzard woke us,

Then the rain came down to soak us,

And now before the eye can focus - crocus!

-Lilja Rogers

However, I have to admit, here in E. Idaho I think we're still stuck on the "howling blizzard" first line. I awoke to two inches of snow earlier this week. It all melted before noon, but still, it was a major psychological spring set-back! I decided that no matter what the weather, at my house I'm pretending we're at the "crocus" part of the the poem.

My "Spring" inspired entryway...


My everchanging mantle decor...dressed for Spring



Other Spring inspirations...


Can you tell I like birds?


And.....REAL GREEN GRASS (and one dead bug)



There's hope after all.

1 comment:

  1. Well, HELLO, Rusty Sparrow! So happy you have taken the plunge! And of course, I will be happily blogstalking you. Already inspired to do some updating around this ranch. Of all of your spring flings, though, I have to say I like your birds best! Do tell, Rusty Sparrow...where should a girl go for such cute little tweeters?

    ReplyDelete