Sunday, May 8, 2011

100 lbs. of Crumbles

This is what I've learned: once people realize how excited I get about half broken windows, rusty hinges, rickety pieces of furniture, old stained burlap sacks, door knobs (you get the picture) they start bringing me stuff! Treasures long forgotten in dusty corners of attics, basements, and garages are starting to find their way to me. I love it when that happens. :)



Here are the "treasures" I came into possession of recently.




Feed sacks left over from a farm. Yes, that does say "100 lbs of Crumbles."








People keep asking me what I am going to do with these sacks....you'll have to wait and see!







From an auction a friend of mine went to, old cake tins.




I love the patina on these, however, so far I haven't had an ephiphany about what I'll use them for...any ideas?





From the same auction...I can ALWAYS use rusty hinges. :)



4 comments:

  1. I would like to propose a very happy marriage...
    old cake pans + magnets of some cool sort. And they all lived happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such creative stuff... If I find anthing I'll bring it your way! So excited to see my new chair. :) - Annalea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine Ione ThompsonJune 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM

    I have some hinges to show you! You'll flip! As for the pans... boy they could be fun...! Use the sacks, cut out the images and make mini wall cup cakes! Haha! No kidding here it goes... paint/stencil silhouettes on the back of the pans... distress and hang on the wall to make it look like the sack images. Use paint, UTEE, and decoupage and emboss the pans and create too! Mix and match the methods and make a wall art piece. Use photos too and decoupage them onto the back of the pans... black and white... old photos and go crazy with embossing... have you tried that yet? You will love it! You can make a shape like the olympic rings with the pans and put all sorts of decorations in the pan, resting in the pan... birds, nests, eggs, bottles, flowers, little tiny books... antiques... so on and ta da! Awesome! I really like that idea.. I might need to try it when we get a new home. You could paint the pans gold, white or keep them as is! Use steel wool and really spruce them up! Yippee... go nuts! I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine Ione ThompsonJune 18, 2011 at 12:09 PM

    Oh, what about using chains to attach the pans down in a row... Before I was thinking welding, but I don't think thats too easy... so solder or use ribbon, yes ribbon and let them hand down in rows! Much better!

    ReplyDelete